Sunday 29 July 2012

Danish Cavalry

Here are a few illustrations that I got off the web sometime ago, I can't remember where I got them so if the owner of these objects to me posting them then please get in touch and I will remove them.
Both these illustrations seem to show cavalry wearing breastplates
although they only seem to be on the front

I've been informed by Dan Schorr that these illustraions come from a series of articles on the Danish Army in the WSS by Torstein Snorrason that originally appeared in the Danish magazine Chakoten.
Dan had been given permission by Torstein to use the illustrations on his fantastic Northern Wars site which sadly is no longer available and I probably copied them from there so I hope Torstein doesn't object to me using them here, if he gets in touch and objects then I will remove them.

No comments:

Post a Comment